Counseling/Therapy with Dr. Mitch
Dr. Mitch has worked in the mental health field for 30 years. His past experience has included social work with Child Protective Services (CPS); clinical work at Skagit Discovery with severely behaviorally disordered children and youth; the Burnaby Counseling Group in British Columbia, where he developed a sexual offender/sexual addictions treatment program; and at Bayside Associates, Bellingham, where he also completed his doctoral clinical internship. He enjoys working with individuals, couples and groups, in both short-term cognitive and behavioral therapy, as well as longer-term psychodynamic therapy. Areas of clinical specialty include marital/relational conflict and infidelity, mood disorders, childhood trauma recovery, sexual addiction, and faith and spirituality issues. His work with marriages includes weekly therapy, individualized marriage intensives, classes, and retreats.
- Relational issues: marital, couple, parent-child, etc.
- Emotional, physical, and sexual abuse
- Depression and anxiety
- Trauma and grief/loss
- Sexual addiction, sexual deviance, and sexual identity issues
- Psychological testing and assessment
- Christian counseling and spiritual integration issues
- Team dynamics